- Held every year – new venue and time for 2016: Hope Community Church in Newburyport. September 30 and October 1st’ Chairs- Beverly Knapp & Lin Caido
- Quilt judging is usually done at Merrimac Library on a Wed, Carrie Zizza is coordinating.
- Quilt drop-off and show set-up is the day before the show at the church. Come early as the show is also hung that day.
- Members are required to give 2 hours of volunteer timeeither before or during show. Many opportunities abound! Sign sheets are on the back table.
- Quilt entry forms [found on blog] are to be sent in before September 1st.
- You can choose to have your quilt judged by a certified judge- $3:00 per quilt. Great chance to learn from a professional!
- Challenge Quilts:Gail Wozniak is chair- “What’s in Your MVQ basket”
- Quilt Show ads:Members can gather an ad from a business for our booklet- can be any type of business, not just quilt related. Letter is on blog with info you will need.
- Publicity:Take a few bookmarks or posters- give to friends or hang in public places in your tow.- Available on back table during meetings.
- Penny Raffle Table: members donate a basket, bucket, tray etc filled with new items- either quilt related or not [tea, chocolate, gardening, teddy bear etc.] Ann Hockmeyer is coordinating.
- Silent Auction: Members donate a handmade article to be auctioned off during the show. 50% of proceeds goes to maker and 50% goes to Guild fund for a new loud speaker system.
- White Elephant: members bring in fabric [no upholstery], patterns, buttons, lace, unwanted tools or unfinished quilts- 100% of proceeds to the guild.
- Kitchen:Volunteers are needed to man – bake cookies to sell- donate bottled water and Diet Soda to sell Bev Valle is chair.
- Boutique: An opportunity for members to sell homemade articles,pins, bags, knit items, [quilts do not really sell], tools, books , patterns that are in excellent condition. 20% goes to guild- maker gets 80%. Maggie Judd and Pat Lucey
Susan Dodge will be doing a presentation on Art Dolls at the Newburyport Senior Community Center on Thursday, June 2 at 10 am.The Center is located at 331 High Street. It is free and all are welcome.
Wrapped in a Hug! Middle School students presented 24 beautiful, handmade quilts and get well cards to the Merrimack Valley Quilt Guild last week. The Guild will donate them to the Quilts for Kids Charity. Delivering the quilts was the culmination of a service project that 43 student and parent volunteers started on the Prep’s Community Day of Service in March. Many thanks to Mrs. Cathy Carroll, who led this wonderful project. Each boy is holding up a quilt that they made.
Small group but we had lots of fun with The Salvage Queen Jessica.
We need a few members to fill some open slots for next year. Currently we are in need of chairs for the Sew and Know sessions, the 2017/18 Program and the 2017/18 raffle quilt. We only have a few board meetings a year so there aren’t many evenings to commit to. We have an excellent board made up of wonderful ladies who work extremely well together and we would welcome you and appreciate your help. We have former chairs that help and guide you, so no experience is needed, just a willingness to help is all that is required. If you would like to help, please see Ann Hockmeyer or Liz Swan at tonight’s meeting or email us if that’s easier.
Don’t forget- the meeting is on Tuesday this week- the Selvage Queen!